Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sugar Sweet Sunshine


I have to admit, I have always been pretty picky when it comes to my cupcakes. I have always had my definite favorite and was convinced that nowhere could be better. That is, until I walked into Sugar Sweet Sunshine, located at 126 Rivington St. The bakery itself is adorable and is located in an awesome neighborhood of Manhattan. I was conflicted as to which cupcake to have (they have many, many flavors), but I decided to stick with a classic sunshine cupcake, better known as vanilla.

Costing only $1.75, the cupcake was as close to perfect as I could have imagined. The cake itself was delightfully moist and not too sweet, which balanced out the very sweet icing extremely well. The cupcake's cake to icing ratio was absolutely perfect, giving it that ideal texture and taste. The atmosphere of the bakery was very welcoming--it is a small, quiet place with a few tables to sit at and an incredibly nice staff. I have to give it to them--Sugar Sweet Sunshine makes a damn good cupcake, possibly my favorite so far. 



No comments:

Post a Comment