Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hill Country BBQ Market

 It may seem odd that the title of this post has "BBQ" in it, but it's true--I got a cupcake at a barbeque restaurant. I was told by a family friend that Hill Country, located on West 26th Street, makes delicious specialty cupcakes, so I decided to check it out. Unfortunately Hill Country stopped making their specialty cupcakes a while ago, but they still make one! Peanut butter and jelly. For $4 (I know, I know), you can get a pretty large and darn good peanut butter with a little bit of jelly cupcake. Yes, I know the name of the cupcake is peanut butter AND jelly, but there was only enough jelly in that cupcake for maybe one bite! However, besides the disappointing amount of jelly, the cupcake is delicious. It is moist and flavorful and very tasty, but a little bit overwhelming and extremely filling at the same time. The peanut butter flavor is quite good, but also a tad bit rich, so I would recommend sharing this cupcake with someone else. My mom and I took advantage of being at Hill Country by also getting dinner there, and it is extremely good food. A perfect place to get some good old-fashioned barbeque, topped off with a hearty peanut butter and (bit of) jelly cupcake.


No comments:

Post a Comment