Saturday, January 21, 2012

Fairway Cafe


Before starting my cupcake adventure, Fairway's were always my favorite. While I can't still say the same (Sugar Sweet Sunshine has taken that spot), they are quite delicious cupcakes! Not all of you may know that on the second floor of the Fairway supermarket on 74th and Broadway is Fairway Cafe, a superb breakfast, lunch, and dinner spot (one of my family's favorites). Mitchel London, the chef of Fairway Cafe, also makes a fantastic cupcake. For $2 each, the cupcakes are fluffy and light, with semi-moist cake and usually a pretty good cake to icing ratio. Occasionally, there can be a little bit too much icing for my liking, but overall, it's a delicious cupcake and a perfect light dessert after a satisfying meal at the cafe. I highly recommend the cupcakes at Fairway, as well as the cafe itself (specifically the Big Boy Special for brunch). The restaurant is reasonably priced, in a great location (my own Upper West Side neighborhood), and creates delectable cupcakes. Nice job, Fairway!



No comments:

Post a Comment