Saturday, January 21, 2012

Billy's Bakery

Located in Chelsea, Nolita, and Tribeca, Billy's Bakery is another winner! Although a little pricey ($3 each), the cupcakes at Billy's are moist, have delicious not-too-sweet icing, and a pretty excellent cake to icing ratio (although there could possibly be a tiny bit too much icing). However, while I sampled a classic vanilla/vanilla cupcake as I have been doing, my mom tried a red velvet, which I must say was a little underwhelming. The cake was a little too dry and the icing a little too sour, even for red velvet. But overall, I'm still a big fan of Billy's. The store itself is adorable: pretty small and very cute with a couple tables to sit at; not to mention, it is located in three great neighborhoods (particularly the one in Chelsea, which is where I went). Besides taste itself, the cupcakes at Billy's were also very beautiful to look at, with a perfect dollop of icing on top of the fluffy, moist cake. Billy's is definitely a bakery to check out!




No comments:

Post a Comment