Thursday, February 2, 2012

Crumbs Bakeshop

 I must admit that up until now, I was pretty positive that I did not like the cupcakes from Crumbs Bakeshop. I always thought they were too big and sweet and just not what I wanted out of a cupcake. I decided to add Crumbs to my list so that I could once and for all prove how overrated it is. My plan failed. I walked in to crumbs and saw all of their crazy, huge flavored cupcakes that I have always disliked, but then I saw a simple, normal-sized vanilla cupcake which I decided to sample. It cost $2.95 for the smaller sized cupcake that I tried, and I must say it was pretty good. The cake was pretty moist and a little bit sweet, but the icing was not so sweet, so they worked together, with a nice ratio of icing to cake. The icing itself was very light and fluffy, almost marshmallow-like, but very delicious. The shop is very cute, with a nice seating area, and the staff was very friendly. Although Crumbs surprised me with its nice vanilla cupcake, I still must say it is a bit overrated. The sheer number of locations that Crumbs has is enough to show that it is merely a chain with pretty good baked goods, but definitely not the best. While the plain vanilla cupcake was very good, I still cannot say much about their larger, sweeter cupcakes--I'm still not quite willing to go for those.



No comments:

Post a Comment