Thursday, February 2, 2012

Alice's Tea Cup

 Located on the Upper West and Upper East Sides, Alice's Tea Cup is an adorable Alice in Wonderland themed tea room. It has a small, health-conscious, delicious menu and a bakery that makes delectable sweets. I have been going to Alice's Tea Cup since I was young, but recently a friend recommended their cupcakes, so I just had to try them out. Although they cost $3, Alice's cupcakes are large enough to be worth the expense. The cake is pretty moist and they have a very nice icing to cake ratio. Personally, they are almost a little too large for me (I don't like my cupcakes to give me a stomach ache), but they are still very good cupcakes. Not my favorite, but not bad--I'd say they are pretty solid. However, the actual restaurant almost makes the stomach ache worth it. It is a lovely, magical place to have a cup of tea and a baked good, while admiring the drawings and quotes of Wonderland on the walls. The restaurant also has a small gift shop of candy and other Alice in Wonderland goodies that is very fun to look around in. Overall, I'd say the enjoyable atmosphere of Alice's Tea Cup is what makes the cupcake good--it is definitely a place worth visiting.



No comments:

Post a Comment