Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Cake Ambiance

A few days ago, a friend and I ventured down to Brooklyn in search of a delicious cupcake. We were planning on visiting Cake Bliss, a bakery that a friend had recommended. However, Cake Bliss (which I hear is very good, but I cannot personally attest to) was not open, so we were a little lost as to where to go next. As we walked down Flatbush Avenue we came across a small bakery called The Cake Ambiance and decided to check it out. Located at 452 Dean Street, The Cake Ambiance was a delightful surprise! The bakery only had chocolate and red velvet cupcakes, so I decided to go red velvet, and I must say it was the best red velvet cupcake I have EVER had. Costing $3 (I know, but totally worth it), it was extremely moist with delicious cream cheese frosting on top. Adding to its perfection was its excellent cake to icing ratio. We were pleasantly surprised to say the least. The store itself is pretty small and plain, with a few tables to sit at, and an extremely friendly staff. I don't believe it is a well-known bakery, so we found quite the little treasure when we discovered this small hole in the wall. Though you may never have heard of it, I'd say The Cake Ambiance makes one of the best cupcakes in New York City.



No comments:

Post a Comment